In the previous episode — The 30 Fast-Rising Freelance Gigs in The New Normal (FBP 190) — I talked about the freelance gigs that have emerged during this covid-19 pandemic.
However, I realized that I wasn’t able to tell you HOW to get those gigs, now that the game has changed. You don’t want to be putting salt on the wounds of those businesses that have gone bankrupt by pitching your freelance service to them.
The 10 tips I share below will help you identify those businesses AND teach you how to connect to those business without being insensitive and annoying to them (I give more context in the podcast so please listen here).
10 Tips on How to Get Freelance Gigs in the New Normal
- Go to your newsfeed and notice the businesses that are popping up doing Facebook ads. You will know if it shows “Sponsored” on top.
- Study their website, marketing or ordering and payment process
- Send them a message, ask about their product or service first to get them to reply to you
- If you can purchase their product, do so, so they become indebted to you. (Extra points)
- Based on your research, give them a short tip or two on how to improve their business
- Form a relationship with the person responding to you – even if not the person in charge (make sure you are not a bot 🤖 )
- Ask to be connected to the person-in-charge — (BTW, I’m Marv de Leon and I help _____)
- Schedule a call or Zoom meeting with that person-in-charge
- Track your leads then follow up
- Repeat the process
Bonus Tip 🎁: When you email the person-in-charge, in the Subject Line, include the Order Number or Product Number of the product you just ordered from them and then mention your service. Example, “Re: Order #12345 – About my order and digital marketing help for Acme Company”.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Apple Podcasts: http://www.freelanceblend.com/itunes
- Spotify: http://www.freelanceblend.com/spotify
- YouTube: http://www.freelanceblend.com/youtube
- Join our FREE webinar: “3 Biggest Secrets to Getting Your First Freelance Side Gig”: http://www.freelanceblend.com/freewebinar
- Join our small business support group on Facebook: http://www.samahangroup.org