First of all, we again would like to thank everyone who attended the first meetup last November. It was a success. We did not expect a lot of people to show up and were so surprised with the turn out. We had a blast meeting and engaging with all of you. In fact, we even had an impromptu “meetup after the meetup” dinner. This just means that Freelancers get along and enjoy each other’s company. 🙂
And with that, we are pleased to announce our 2nd Meetup on December 21, 2013, 3pm at Coffee Bean Greenbelt 5 in Makati City.
We know December is a busy month not just for Freelancers but for everyone. But we would like to continue to engage with the Freelance Blend Community and keep our commitment to hold at least one meetup a month. We were actually planning to have a small Freelance Blend conference this December, where we were supposed to have distinguished freelancers as speakers plus some interesting activities. However, because of the Holiday Season, a lot of the venues are already booked and we had a difficult time finding the right venue for us. So, Nica and I decided to postpone it to next year. We will keep you posted on this.
Meanwhile, back to our 2nd Meetup. Again, like the 1st Meetup, we want this to be as simple and as informal but as engaging as possible. (I know I used a lot of “as”, no pun intended).
Here is the agenda for the meetup.
• There is NO agenda for the meetup. Just a short introduction by myself and Nica and also of the new attendees. You make your own agenda but no hidden agenda please :). And no MLM stuff please.
• Break up into small groups to share your experiences and/or difficulties as a freelancer.
• Showcase your work or stuff to the group. This is the only time when you can sell yourself and your work. So for example, if you are a freelance iPhone App developer (we do have one in the group), why don’t you share with us or demo your app? If you are a small business owner, we would love to see your products. (Did I just say no MLM stuff?). Please note that this will need our approval, so please message or email me at [masked] if you are interested.
What to bring during the meetup:
• Your stories.
• Your humor.
• Your ideas and experiences as a freelancer.
• There are no event fees for now. We would appreciate if you can get for yourself a beverage and/or a snack at Coffee Bean so we don’t get kicked out (like the last time :)).
Link to the Meetup Event
Please click the link below if you are interested to join the meetup.
See you soon! Please RSVP.