I met Marge Aberasturi during the Freelance Camp in October of 2013 and found her story quite intriguing. Although she shared with us her experiences as a virtual assistant during the said camp, I felt that she had more anecdotes to share, especially her experiences as a home school teacher, as a partner in an online business and as a Happy WAHM (Work-At-Home Mom). And so, I reached out to her and invited her to the show to hear more about her interesting life.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Marge was forced into becoming a freelancer because of a difficult family situation.
- Leaving a successful corporate career (and a promotion) to become a freelancer: why Marge does not miss it and why it was a blessing in disguise.
- How Marge got hired by clients even if she had zero knowledge of the job requirements.
- Why retainer is the best payment arrangement for Marge.
- How to get paid for virtual work even before you start working.
- How to use Craigslist exclusively to get an online job.
- How to avoid being scammed online.
- How having a presence in cyberspace can get you more clients.
- The secrets to being a Happy WAHM (Work-At-Home Mom).
- How she home schooled her 3 children while working as a virtual assistant.
- How to assess if you are fit to become a freelancer – The 3 Circles That Intersect
“If there is no demand for your skills, you create the demand.”
“Go out there and promote your skills. There is somebody out there who will have a need for what you have.”
“The beauty of homeschooling is that you get to explore and nurture the passion of your kids.”
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Contact her at 0925-546-9246 or 092-5-IAMWAHM
If you liked our show, please do us a favor and subscribe to our podcast in iTunes. Just look for the “subscribe” button and click it. This way, you get our fresh new episodes automatically downloaded in your smart phone or media player of your choice. If you are an Android user, you may download the Stitcher app from Google Play and download our podcast here.
Also, please give an honest rating of the show and leave your comments in iTunes. Doing so will give our show a boost in the iTunes rankings and in turn, more people will be able to listen to the show and learn from our distinguished guests (and from yours truly :)). Thanks again.