This is Part 2 of our interview with Anton Diaz, founder of the #1 food and travel blog in the Philippines, ourawesomeplanet.com, and co-founder of weekend market chain, the Mercato Centrale Group. If you were not able to listen to Part 1 (Freelance Blend Podcast Episode 4), please be sure to click this link.
Meanwhile, here are the Key Takeaways that you will get after listening to this episode:
- Why you should start our own e-store in 2014.
- Why blogging is dead.
- Why you should take a holistic approach when building your platform online.
- The reason why ourawesomeplanet is working.
- Why you don’t need to be a natural writer to blog.
- The importance of mailing lists.
- Why you should focus on viral concepts and ideas when blogging.
- The importance of teaching blogging to kids.
- Anton’s tips to newbie bloggers and entrepreneurs.
- Why 2014 feels exactly like 2005 (when Anton first started blogging).
- The 11 Biggest Business Trends in 2014.
- The value of mastermind groups.
- The opportunities in traffic and the ASEAN landscape.
Anton’s Quotable Quotes:
“In the same way that blogging in 2005, nakita mo na na magsa-succeed ang blogging, this year (2014) an e-store will really become big in the Philippines.”
“Relatively, online (business) is easier than brick and mortar stuff.”
“A blog is used to create viral ideas and topics that can really spread in social media and the home base is the blog.”
“The most important skill is not writing but story telling.”
“2014 is the year that feels like 2005”
Resources and Links Mentioned During the Show:
Mobile Number +63917 568 3627
Did you enjoy this episode? If you did, please help us improve our ranking in iTunes by rating our show and leaving a comment.
How? Just go to the iTunes Store and search for “Freelance Blend Podcast”. Then, select the “Freelance Blend Podcast” image under Podcasts, click Ratings and Reviews and click the number of stars that you think we deserve – 5 stars will really make us smile :)! You may also click the Write a Review button and type in your questions and comments about the show.
P.S. We hope you don’t mind the sounds of automobiles and motorcycles in the background while we were doing the interview. In fact, for me, it makes the interview more real and even showcases the sounds of awesome Manila, which I am sure OFWs out there miss a lot. Enjoy.
TO SUBSCRIBE: Simply search for “Freelance Blend Podcast” in your Podcast app or click here: