My daily commute to work is not complete without listening to the wackiest, craziest, sexiest and most controversial show on FM radio, Magic 89.9’s “Good Times with Mo” (or has it been renamed to “Morning Show”?). And I am so glad that the show is back after being suspended for 6 long months. (On a side note, that is the reason why I got hooked in podcasts because I was craving for Good Times-type of entertainment while the show was on hiatus).
Not only is the popular morning radio show back with new co-hosts (Sam Oh and Mikey Bustos), its resident Showbiz reporter, Makoy a.k.a Showbiz Bro, is also back, rejuvenated and as loud and tactless as ever! And I thought of guesting him in our podcast because I wanted to take a break from the serious and businessy theme of the past episodes and have a hilarious show with this unpredictable man.
Aside from that, I wanted to find out who the real Showbiz Bro is and how he was able to transform from a regular fan into a celebrity – which I hope will give inspiration to our listeners who are ordinary people like me. “Machong chismisan na!”
Here are some Takeaways from this episode. Yes, meron naman kahit papano (joke lang Bro!):
- How Showbiz Bro got hooked on radio shows and Philippine show business.
- How suntan lotion led to Makoy becoming Showbiz Bro. (yes, there is a connection.)
- How Showbiz Bro prepares for each segment and his working relationship with Mo Twister.
- The creative genius of Mo Twister and how he prepares for the segment and the Morning Show.
- Why Showbiz Bro doesn’t show his face on his Twitter profile and how he still attracts thousands of followers inspite of that.
- Why Mo Twister and the show have many haters but still remain immensely popular.
- The perks of being Showbiz Bro (despite not receiving any compensation from the station).
- Is Paul Artadi related to Basti Artadi?
- His shoe size.
- How he takes advantage of social media to grow his brand.
- The effect of the six-month suspension and how he got back from it.
- His future plans for Showbiz Bro.
- His tips on how to create a character like Showbiz Bro that will resonate with followers.
On why people love showbiz: “Halos lahat ng tao may interes sa showbiz. Kung ano mang liit ng interes sa showbiz o ano mang laki, meron pa ring insteres siya sa showbiz.”
“I am just enjoying my 15 minutes of fame.”
“Whenever I get the opportunity that a regular person will not be able to do, I try to do it.”
“80% of Showbiz Bro, ako yon.”
“Karen Bordador will be the next Jinri Park.”
“Isa talaga sa mga gusto ko gawin sa buhay ko is to make people laugh.”
“Pag pumutok Twitter mo, ibig sabihin you did a good job. Pag medyo tahimik yung Twitter mo, siguro try harder tomorrow.”
“Being a freelancer gives you a chance to choose kung saan mo gusto magtrabaho at kanino mo gusto magtrabaho.”
“Don’t expect something big, para kung dumating yung something big na ‘yon, it’s gonna be the best thing that you’ll ever get.”
Thank you again for listening to the show and I hope you enjoyed it and laughed with us while listening to this episode. You can catch Showbiz Bro’s segment between 7:00 to 8:00 AM, Mondays to Thursdays at Good Times with Mo, which airs from 6:00 to 9:00 AM, Mondays to Thursdays at Magic 89.9.
Lastly, please leave us an honest rating in iTunes by going to this link or searching “Freelance Blend“ in the iTunes Store. We value your feedback and the good ratings will give us better rankings in iTunes. It means a lot to us. Cheers!
TO SUBSCRIBE: Simply search for “Freelance Blend Podcast” in your Podcast app or click here: