10! We have finally reached double digits! It’s our 10th episode and we promise to give you thousands of episodes more, so please keep tuning in. And also, give yourself a pat on the back for reaching this far.
This episode is quite unique because it is not our usual interview show. It is actually a recording of a live event held last February 12, 2014 at the AIM Conference Center in Makati, The 2014 Freelancer Career Kickoff, sponsored by Elance Philippines and Payoneer. Elance Philippines was kind enough to invite us Freelance Blend members and, of course, we gladly obliged. Who doesn’t want to learn, network, dine and receive fabulous prizes — all for free.
(In fact, I had a feeling that day that I was going to win the grand prize, an iPad Mini Retina. Well, I didn’t. But, I won the 2nd major prize, which is free enrollment for Online Jobs University’s Starter Training Program worth P4,500.00. Not bad. But I thought about it and decided that I will raffle it off for the members and listeners of Freelance Blend. So, please listen to Episode 11, where I will have on the show the founder of Online Jobs University, Genesis Reonico, and we will explain the mechanics of the raffle. Please watch out for it.)
Meanwhile, the recording that you will hear is the Question and Answer segment of the event where no less than the head honcho of Elance Philippines, it’s Country Manager, Ron Cirujano, explains the key features of Elance.com and answers questions being raised by the audience members at the AIM Conference Center.
- Elance in 6 Easy Steps.
- How to set-up an account in Elance.
- Is it free to register in Elance? (This one question was asked 3 times during the segment. Twice by the same guy :))
- How much is the service fee and who shoulders it, the freelancer or the client.
- Why having a verified account in Elance is vital.
- The difference between basic and individual accounts.
- How to get your bank details for payments.
- The minimum bid for hourly jobs.
- How to get paid on instalment basis with Milestones.
- How to prevent cyber attacks and identity theft.
- How Elance conducts ID verification.
- Tips on how to prevent your accounts from being suspended in Elance.
- How to properly fill up your portfolio to get more clients.
- How to know how much to charge for your hourly rate.
- How Connects and Bids work.
- How will freelancers be tracked for hourly jobs.
- Why you should select your best profile picture during registration.
- The importance of BIR Memorandum 55-2013 for freelancers.
Resources and Links
Facebook.com/ElancePhilippines (Facebook Page)
help.elance.com (Support, Resources and Videos about Elance.com)
Thank you for joining us. Please watch out for our next episode where we will interview Coach Genesis Reonico, who spoke at this 2014 Freelancer Career Kickoff event and is the founder of OnlineJobsUniversity.com.
Dear Freelancer, have you tried opening an account at Elance.com? What has been your experience so far and would you recommend it to other freelancers? Please share your thoughts on the Comment Box below.
FREE T-Shirt Promo from 199Jobs.com
Freelance Blend is proud to announce a promo together with our friends from 199Jobs.com. The 3 best comments on the Freelance Blend Podcast page in the iTunes Store or Podcasts app will get a free T-shirt from 199Jobs.com. For more details, please visit www.freelanceblend.com/199jobs-shirt. This special promo ends on March 31, 2014.
Want to listen to more episodes? Please Subscribe to the Podcast.