Yes, I admit. I am a podcast addict. Since discovering podcasts sometime last year, I have been consuming podcasts during my daily grind – going to and from work. You could say that I consume about 10-12 hours of podcasts a week. In fact, I have written a blog post about why you should listen to podcasts. It’s the in thing now. Would you like to get left behind?
However, for this episode, I turn the tables around and discuss why a freelancer, a solopreneur, a blogger or anyone with something to say and contribute to the world should start a podcast NOW. Yes, right NOW!
Also, I give you some of the most popular Pinoy podcasts today and my favorite one that got me started podcasting.
Here we go.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Start Your Own Show Now
1. Growth of smart phones and tablets coupled with faster internet speeds.
2. Easy to create – you just a mic and laptop.
3. Easy to deliver – the value of the subscription model.
4. Fits this generation’s on-demand lifestyle.
5. Low cost, low risk.
6. Real-time feedback and statistics.
7. Global reach.
8. Less crowded than blogs.
9. Easy for natural talkers and conversationalists.
10. Deeper engagement with your audience.
Bonus: 11. Builds instant authority and credibility.
Links and resources:
– iTunes’ 1 Billion Podcast Subscriptions (and counting)
Pinoy Podcasts – Itayo ang Bandera!
– Entrepinas Podcast – by Rigel Dayrit
– Happy Yuppie Podcast – by Mighty Rasing
– When In Manila Podcast – Hosted by it’s founder and our previous guest, Vince Golangco.
– Boys Night Out Podcast – Yeah, men!
– Midnight Luv Podcast – by Ramon Bautista and Jojo the Love Survivor
– Smart Passive Income – My idol and part-Pinoy podcaster based in San Diego, Pat Flynn. He is the main reason why I am podcasting right now.
How about you? What’s your favorite Pinoy podcast? Why don’t you share your love for it by posting on the Comment Box below?
You May Also Like
Photo credit: Bady qb