Money. One of the main concerns of everyone. As they say, it makes the world go ’round.
Moreso for freelancers, who do not have a steady stream of moolah flowing into their bank accounts, not like their cubicle counterparts — the office worker.
That’s why for this episode, we invited Ms Jenny del Mundo, Sales Head of Sun Life Financial, one of the leading financial institutions in the world.
I have my own theories and practices with regards to saving and investing, but let’s leave that for later episodes. I want you to hear it straight from an expert who hails from a very reputable global corporation.
Don’t worry, she is not here to sell you an insurance policy. What you will takeaway from this episode are practical tips that you could implement right after you click the stop button.
Here’s to a brighter life! Enjoy!
- How freelancers can protect themselves and their families with life insurance given that freelancers are on their own and no longer have employers that provide that for them.
- Jenny’s Envelope Technique.
- The 10-20-70 Rule.
- What types of life insurance products would be suitable to freelancers, who have irregular salaries.
- Why it’s important to first identify one’s Life Goals, and specify the deadline and price tag.
- What other types of investments vehicles are available to freelancers.
- 7 Brighter Choices You Can Make Today
1) Set clear goals
2) Begin a saving habit
3) Prepare for emergencies
4) Get insured
5) Make money earn more
6) Seek professional advice
7) Stay the course
To learn more about how to become a more financially literate freelancer, please check out the Brighter Life website at www.brighterlife.com.ph.
Hey, Freelancer! How will you save and invest your freelance earnings? We would love to hear your stories in the Comment Box below.
Do you want to become a freelancer but don’t know how to start? Then please attend our “Freelancing for Beginners 1.0” Workshop.
Date: Saturday, August 16, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Venue: Go Hotels Mandaluyong, 5F Edsa corner Pioneer St, Mandaluyong City (beside Robinsons Pioneer)
To register, please go to www.freelanceblend.com/beginners1.
Special Discount for Freelance Blend members!
Just use the Promo Code: “Blend” to avail of the special rate of P1,000.00 (originally P1,800,00).
You May Also Like