I would like to thank once again all those who attended the Freelancing for Beginners 1.0 The Rerun workshop last September 27. It was really an honor for me to share my knowledge and experience to those who are willing to learn, take action and follow their dreams of becoming freedom entrepreneurs.
That is why I am excited to share to all those who were not there at the event an audio snippet of the Question and Answer portion of the workshop, where our experts — Nica Mandigma (Virtual Assistance Expert), Ginger Arboleda (Marketing Expert) and Fitz Villafuerte (Personal Finance Expert) — were game enough to answer all the questions hurled by the learners and also very generous in sharing about the secrets to their success.
It’s very rare to have an intimate opportunity with these experts. So sit back, relax and listen well. Here are some takeaways from this episode:
- Fitz runs 20 websites. (Wow!)
- The value of having a community of freelancers.
- The value of networking: how all four of us met each other.
- Why you need to buy Your Name’s domain name.
- Their challenges when starting a blog.
- About obsessing on the numbers of your blog.
- Awarding of the Winning Group – Anne Scott (see picture below)
- Ways to monetize your blog.
- How to turn your blog into a book.
- Having a niche within a niche.
- The winning group with the best Freelancer Selfie, Anne Scott.
- Fitz’s book “The Ready To Be Rich Guide to Investing“.
- Fitz’s workshop “Family Finances“.
The Winning Freelancer Selfie
- 1and1.com – $0.99 on the first year. With privacy.
“It’s about giving your target market what they need.”
“Progression rather than perfection.”
“Lately, the best way to monetize your site is to sell you own product or service….That’s more more more more profitable.” (Ganun ka profitable talaga.)
“It’s good to have a community of freelancers like Freelance Blend. Because a lot of the people you’ll work with online will be the same people who will support you rin.”
I really hope you enjoyed this sneak peak into the workshop. Now, I am happy to announce that I will be speaking at another event called Freelance Camp Manila that will be held on October 18, 2014 from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm at SM Megamall Megatrade Conference Center. For more details, please visit freelancecampmanila.com.
I shall be talking about Podcasting and why you as a freelancer should start your own show. Meanwhile, I shall be giving away FREE SLOTS to the Freelance Camp Manila to 3 lucky listeners of this podcast. You have to listen to the podcast to learn about the mechanics of this raffle contest. One slot is valued at P1,495.
After listening to the podcast, come back to this blog post and sign in below. Contest ends on October 14, 2014. (Please note that the software will automatically choose the 3 winners.)
Meanwhile, if you cannot wait until the end of the contest on October 14, 2014 and would like to buy a ticket now, I am giving you a 20% discount on your ticket to Freelance Camp Manila. Just register at www.freelancecampmanila.com and enter the code “MARV”. Thanks to Learning Curve for this special promo to Freelance Blend followers.
So, what are you waiting for? Hope to see you there!