Are you thinking of leaving the country as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) to earn more for your family?
Or are you already living and working abroad and coping with the challenges of being an OFW such as homesickness, culture shock, and loneliness?
Then, you should grab a copy of “Abroad Me: 22 Success Strategies for Young Overseas Filipinos“. I did so a few months ago and since then, I had been wanting to interview the author, Anne Quintos, to find out what drove her to write this small but powerful book. Anne is an OFW herself, and you can feel her passion for helping the new breed of OFWs from the pages of the book.
Anne, who was also recently recognized by Female Network as one of the “8 Amazing Filipinas of 2015” under the “Warriors For a Cause” category, will also share with us her experiences and life lessons as well as some interesting stories not found in the book.
We will also be announcing a special giveaway to all the listeners of this episode. You wouldn’t want to miss that!
Here are the takeaways from the show.
- What it’s like to live in Taiwan and what’s the best month to visit Taiwan.
- If there’s one place that a person should visit in Taiwan, where would that be.
- Why Anne was “forced” to work abroad.
- The difficulty of raising a family abroad.
- How Abroad Me can help OFWs experiencing the challenges of working and living abroad.
- Why it’s important to change the mindset of becoming an OFW.
- The other broader opportunities available to OFWs.
- Why becoming an OFW is not a destination.
- Why she titled the book “Abroad Me“.
- What’s different with the current breed of OFWs.
- The different options available to Filipinos aside from becoming an OFW.
- The 3 main sections of the book: Take off, Maneuver, and Touch Down.
- How long it took for her to adjust to the OFW life.
- Why Anne doesn’t buy the idea of sending balibayan boxes.
- How OFWs can give back to their country.
- Get a chance to win a copy of the book! JOIN the contest below:
- Abroad Me: 22 Success Strategies for Young Overseas Filipinos -> Where to buy? You can buy it at Fully Booked, Powerbooks, National Bookstore and other major bookstores. Based abroad? You may order the paperback version from Amazon.com here.
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall
- Sun Moon Lake
- Taiwan 101
- Top 8 Female Network’s Amazing Filipinas of 2015 article
- Our sponsor for this episode: Bitwage.co – Your Wage, Your Way.
- Book Giveaway! You may also go to this link: https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/0d31e9332/?
“You have to spread your wings and learn where you want to go.”
“I consider sharing the knowledge of what I learned sa journey ko as also a form of giving back.”
“Sometimes we romanticize the idea of becoming OFWs.”
“For me, it’s not always about remittances.”
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.
Get “The Most Awesome Apps, Tools & Resources” Ebook Now!
Are you struggling to book clients because your business is in a crowded market?
Are you having difficulty presenting yourself and your business to the online world and even to the real world?
Do you want to turn from an unknown freelancer or entrepreneur into a well-respected influencer like Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga, Manny Pacquiao or Bo Sanchez?
The answer? You need a powerful and irresistible Personal Brand!
Why don’t you join our 3-session in-depth workshop called The Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solopreneurs!
Register NOW and get 20% off on the learning fee. Buddy rates are also available.
Please visit www.freelanceblend.com/personalbranding.
You May Also Like