Before we start with the show, I again would like to thank from the bottom of my heart the participants of the highly successful Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Entrepreneurs last May 16 and 23. In fact, I am still high from the workshop, even if it was almost a month ago. Everyone — from the coaches, participants, and to the guests — were ecstatic with the connections we made and the lives we have transformed because of this workshop. We hope that we helped you find and develop your personal brand that I know will soon make a dent in the universe.
For this episode, we feature a certified e-commerce education specialist for eBay and Paypal with over 10 years experience in import-export trading, Eireen Diokno Bernardo. I met Eireen during a VIP networking dinner hosted by Payoneer for influencers in the fields of freelancing and ecommerce. I was fascinated by her story of how she and her husband, Angelo Bernardo Jr, started with eBay in the early days and how she they grew their online business to become a top-rated power-seller in eBay when nobody else in the country was doing it at that time.
Aside from Eireen’s credentials as an eBay and Paypal specialist, she is the product evangelist of Union bank’s Eon credit card, co-owner of Dekada Collectibles, an antique shop in Quezon City (the local version of Pawn Stars). She is also represents Weebly.com, Xend.com, and Sun Cellular.
Then I met Eireen again during the first Payoneer Forum held a few weeks after the dinner where we were both the guest speakers of the event. I learned more about her love for teaching and spreading the gospel of e-commerce here in the Philippines and I invited her on the show so that you, my listeners, can learn more about her fascinating story and hopefully inspire you to earn from eBay and ecommerce as she did. I decided to split this episode into two parts so that you won’t get overwhelmed with all the valuable tips that Eireen shared throughout our interview.
So please listen to this episode then watch out for Part 2 next week. Here are the takeaways for the show.
- How Eireen started in eBay even if she didn’t know how to use the computer in the early 2000’s.
- The first item they sold in eBay.
- How being a coin collector helped Eireen’s husband thrive in eBay.
- How to become like a Top-Rated Power Seller in eBay.
- Why it is a big gamble for buyers when buying online and how eBay addresses that problem.
- How to choose products to sell in eBay for beginners: 1. Research the product thoroughly, 2. Go for something easy to ship, no customs restrictions, 3. Go for plastic, avoid leather, 4. Textile is good. (15% custom fee), and 5. Choose 1– 3 products then select.
- How they sold a truckload of WW2-era soft drink bottles on eBay using her husband’s retrenchment pay.
- Auction, Buy Now and Best Offer options and cost to the eBay seller
- How to become a top rated power seller in eBay like Eireen Diokno Bernardo.
“It was a heaven-sent situation when we started.”
“Ngayon, as a start (in eBay) it’s really difficult but it’s rewarding. Eventually, it will become rewarding if you just continue on.”
“Ang eBay story namin ay compilation ng small success.”
- Payoneer.com – Sign up and earn $25
- Top-Rated Seller requirements in eBay
- Power Seller requirements in eBay
- eBay Money Back Guarantee
- The Rules for Sellers in eBay
- Thanks to our sponsor for this episode: Bitwage.co – Your Wage, Your Way.
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.
Get “The Most Awesome Apps, Tools & Resources” Ebook Now!
You May Also Like