“Rock ‘n roll to the world!” – The mantra that our group shouted during the recent Graphic Artists’ Meetup last July 25th at the Microsoft Office in Makati City. (Thanks Ryan Rems for allowing us to use your famous words.)
Graphic artists are rock stars anyway.
It was a fun and enriching afternoon with my peers in the graphic arts world, mostly (if not 99.99%) from our event partner, the Graphic Artists Philippines Facebook group which boasts of 9,500+ members as of this writing.
It was founded by the lovely Ms Aiza King in 2012 and thanks to her nurturing of the group, along with the admins — Jomar Mislang, Rollan Banez, Jhapz Reyes, Michael Chua II and the rest, the membership has ballooned to what it is right now and continues to grow by the day.
I was so honored and privileged to be the host of the panel discussion with expert graphic artists in the land. Good thing that I was able to bring my audio recorder, so that I can post the recording here in the show and give those who missed the event an opportunity to listen to what transpired during the panel discussion.
However, due to the length of the panel discussion and Q&A with the audience (about 1.5 hours long), I decided to split it into two episodes. Hence, this is Part 1 of the panel discussion during the event. Part 2 will come out next week.
Meanwhile, I would like to introduce our expert graphic artists and their works:
- Jakjak Suson– a Fine Arts graduate, a frustrated cellist and bassist, a construction worker, a graphic designer for one of the top convenience stores in the world, an illustrator and a doolder
- Ernie Parcon – designer for Gunsta (Guns and Techbrid Apparel), vector and logo artist
- Tim Ang – former IT consultant turned all around graphic artist, founder of ArtDrunk
- Dan Amorsolo – a freelancer, Flash animator, photo manipulation expert and illustrator
- Michael Chua II – a digital multimedia graduate, a vector artist and illustrator, academic head at Cristal trainng center, founder of anime group – Anizone
Also, we would like to congratulate the winner of the raffle for the Speed Networking Night during the event. His name is Jose Miguel Badong, a member of GAP. Congrats, Jose, and see you at the Speed Networking Night on September 5, 2015!
- Brief background of our expert graphic artists.
- How our expert graphic artists discovered graphic designing.
- Their specialties or expertise in the graphic arts field.
- How they try to overcome the dreaded “Creative Block”
- and a lot more!
(Photos courtesy of Jhapz Reyes of GAP. Thanks Jhapz!)
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.
Get “The Most Awesome Apps, Tools & Resources” Ebook Now!