It was my first time to attend Digital Filipino’s Digital Influencers Marketing Summit last October 10, 2015 and I really had an amazing time. Kudos to Miss Digital Filipino herself, Janette Toral, for orchestrating a highly successful and buzzworthy event.
I was really surprised and flattered at the same time to get an invitation from Janette herself to speak at the event. I don’t consider myself a digital influencer, yet, and to be asked to speak in front of about a hundred or more bloggers and digital marketers tells me that I may be doing something right. I may be a digital influencer now without realizing it.
I met other digital influencers, bloggers, brands and marketers as well. And in a matter of a few days, I am reaping the benefits of connecting with them — an invitation to guest in a radio show, opportunity to interview top bloggers and sponsorship opportunities — just because of a simple process using Evernote and Linkedin that I will share during the show.
But before we go into that, I would like to share with you my interview with two digital influencers, Apple Allison of SoleSearchingSole.com and Genesis Reonico of Horsepower.ph, to quickly share their experiences as influencers and talk about their upcoming projects.
Now, here is a summary of what I discussed during the show.
How to Use Evernote and LinkedIn to Network at Events
- Don’t judge, just approach people you want to meet and connect.
- Honestly compliment speakers about their speech.
- Give your calling card and ask for theirs as well.
- Scan their calling card in Evernote Premium and then email them your contact details through the Evernote. Get one FREE month of Evernote Premium at freelanceblend.com/evernote or click here. Meanwhile, below are the steps.
- Follow up and connect with your new contacts in Linkedin.
Links and Resources
- Digital Influencers Marketing Summit
- Sign up for Evernote Premium for one month FREE.
- Connect with me in LinkedIn -> Marvin de Leon
- Vote for me at the Bloggys 2015 here!
Who would you consider as your digital influencer? Please share in the comment box below.
Join us on November 7 and 14 for our 2-Day Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solo Entrepreneurs. Avail of the early bird discount by joining now!