It was a privilege to be invited to speak at the this year’s Digital Influencers Marketing Summit hosted by Janette Toral of Digital Filipino.
I met a lot of great people in the event and I invited many of them to come to the show to share their awesomeness. (Stay tuned for that.)
While she was doing her speech, I knew her voice sounded very familiar. So I asked Janice’s friend, Aimee, who was sitting beside me during the event. I asked if Janice was related to Jaymie Pizarro, a past guest of the show, because they sounded very much the same way. And it turns out…I was right.
Janice and Jaymie are actually sisters. Kaya pala magka-boses sila!
Now, it will be easier for me to strike a conversation and invite her on the show.
So at the long buffet line during lunch, I approached her. She was very friendly and we talked about many things, including topics such as our own businesses and blogs, and didn’t notice the time. Before I realized it, we were already in front of the buffet table, about to get our food. From then on, I knew that she will be a perfect guest for the show.
Here are the important things that you will learn from our interview.
- What Janice realized about the resources available for new mothers after giving birth to her first child.
- How Janice started her first event for moms in 2000.
- The various businesses and blogs that she started on the side while working in a corporate job.
- How she eliminated the fears of leaving her steady job to become a full-time mompreneur.
- When to take yourself out your business.
- Janice’s tips on how to grow your brand.
- Janice’s 3 tips on how to perfectly juggle the multitude of things that mompreneurs handle everyday.
- What happened at her child’s school that led her to create the Mom 24/7 Planner.
- How to delegate even if you have no budget for it.
- The first thing that Janice will do if she started her blog today.
Links and Resources
- Mommy Mundo
- Mompreneur Manila
- Mommy Pages
- Urban Mom magazine
- Creative Juice
- The Mom 24/7 Planner
- Mercato Centrale
- Mompreneur Meetup – “Managing the Flow” – Oct 24, 2015 (Morning) at F1 Hotel, BGC, Taguig
- Pregnant Pause – Oct 24, 2015 (Afternoon) at F1 Hotel, BGC, Taguig
- Expo Mom 2015 – November 6-8, 2015, Glorietta Activity Center, Makati
- Twitter – @mommymundo
- Instagram – @mommymundo
- Email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Quote from Janice
“Do what you do best, delegate the rest.”
How do you juggle motherhood or fatherhood and business? Please share in the comment box below.
Join us on November 7 and 14 for our 2-Day Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solo Entrepreneurs. Avail of the early bird discount by joining now!