I love talking about podcasts — the impact of listening to them daily and also of creating my own show — to anyone who cares to listen to my “speech” (or maybe sermon 🙂 ).
And I was glad to get invited to #iblog11 or the 11th Philippine Blogging Summit that was held last December 4 and 5, 2015 at the Bocobo Hall of U.P Diliman campus to talk about it to a larger audience of online content creators.
The invite came no less from the Mother of E-commerce here in the Philippines, Janette Toral, a previous guest of the show (listen to our interview here).
And then this morning, Janette shared and tagged me in Facebook about a blog post by Hitokirihoshi Laurence of hoshilandia.com about my talk. Here’s an excerpt from her blog post:
I don’t know yet if podcasting is really for me, but if I enjoy it and want to learn more puwede ko siguro gawing mentor si Sir Marv. Na-realize ko lang din na dream ko before na maging radio personality- so perhaps sa podcasting may puwang na ang pangarap ko (hugot!). Baka mas maging bigger, wider, and richer pa ako because of Podcasting.”
This blog post by Hitokirihoshi (I hope I didn’t misspell), really made me happy and fulfilled today, because that is my goal for this talk — to inspire at least 1 person to try out podcasting. In fact, another person reached out to me via Twitter. He will introduce me to this online personality (hush, hush for now) who I will meet with next week to discuss how she can build her podcast show.
So that’s why in this episode, I am sharing with you my talk at the iBlog11 so that you too can be inspired to either: listen and fall in love with podcasts or produce your own podcast. Enjoy!
- Podcasts vs Radio
- What is a podcast
- 7 reasons why you should listen to podcasts
- The Podcast Flow
- 7 reasons why you should become the next Podcast Idol
- Podcast Gear (basic and optional)
- Tips to become a Podcast Idol
Links and Resources
- My interview with Janette Toral – “FBP 016: Let’s Get Digital with Janette Toral of DigitalFilipino.com”
- “Level Up Bloggers! iBlog11 Presents Podcasting and Video Blogging” by Hitokirihoshi Laurence of hoshilandia.com
- You can learn about the other speakers and topics in #iblog11 here: www.iblogph.org
- Check out my podcasting equipment here: www.freelanceblend.com/resources
- Join Marv’s new program — Group Coaching Program at www.freelanceblend.com/gcpbeta. Special discount ends on Saturday, December 12, 2015.
- Bringing a friend to the Group Coaching Program? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about an additional special discount.
- Thanks to Hitokirihoshi Laurence and Jane Uymatiao for the photos in this blog post.
Marv’s Group Coaching Program – Starts in December 2015
Are you still struggling with your freelance business?
Is your mind cluttered with business ideas and you don’t know which one to focus on?
Would you like to become part of a group of like-minded individuals who want to succeed in their own solo businesses?
Do you want to have an accountability partner – someone who will be by your side and push you into reaching your full freelancer potential?
Then, why not join my new Group Coaching Program? Watch the video for more details
If you are interested to join me, then go to www.freelanceblend.com/gcpbeta to register. Hurry! Special discount ends on Saturday, December 12, 2015 and slots are limited.