- How I got started with Snapchat after interviewing Nikki Tiu. (Listen to our interview here: freelanceblend.com/82)
- How and why I got addicted with this phenomenal new messaging app.
- The five reasons why solopreneurs should be on Snapchat now, and;
- How you can get started with Snapchat today.
A Step-By-Step Guide on How to Use Snapchat
The best way to learn this new app is to watch a demo of someone using it. Well, I’ve prepared a demo video just for you. Head over to YouTube now to watch the video tutorial on how to start using Snapchat and follow along as I show you the steps outlined below.
SETTING UP SNAPCHAT
- Download – Download the Snapchat app from Google Play for your Android device or from the iTunes Store for your Apple device.
- Sign Up – Enter your email address, password, and birthday. Then choose a user name.
- Verify – If you are using Snapchat on your phone, you’ll have to verify your phone number first.
- Add contacts already in Snapchat – Snapchat will then inform you that some of your contacts are already using the app. You may add them if you want. Otherwise, skip the step.
- Setup your profile – After going through the above process, you’ll be brought into Snapchat’s Camera Screen. From here you may setup your profile by swiping down or simply tapping the ghost icon above your screen. Add a profile picture by taking a selfie (or, like I did, take a photo of yourself from a screen).
Now, let’s explore the different parts and features of the Snapchat app. At your profile page, there are three icons above your picture.
- Questions Icon – Tapping the Questions Icon on the left will show you a simple demo on how to add friends through their Snapcode.
- Trophy Icon – Tapping the Trophy Icon at the middle shows what you’ve accomplished using the app represented by different symbols.
- Gear Icon – Lastly, the Gear Icon on the right holds your account Settings, which lets you set your preferences while using the app.
Below your profile picture are the following:
- Your user name.
- Your Snap Score – Or the number of snaps you’ve sent.
- Added Me – People who added you or your followers.
- Add Friends – A feature to add your friends.
- My Friends – A list of friends you are following.
When you tap or swipe up the ghost button, you are immediately brought back to the Camera Screen.
- Camera Icon. On the right side of the camera screen, you may click the camera icon to switch from rear camera to front camera.
- Stories. When you swipe the camera screen from right to left, you are brought to the Stories section, which is similar to your Facebook’s newsfeed.
- Messages. Swiping the camera screen from left to right will bring you to the private messages section where your private conversations with friends are stored.
WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL
To really get a hands-on beginner’s training with Snapchat I really recommend that you watch the video tutorial. I guarantee that you’ll be sending snaps in no time after watching the video.
Here is the link to the video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts5k2xZkODo
In the video you’ll learn:
- How easy it is to create your own snaps.
- How you can send snaps to friends.
- How you can play with your snaps by using filters.
- How to chat with your friends.
What are you waiting for? Head over to the video tutorial, watch it and start snapping!
Links and Resources
- FBP 082: Nikki Tiu – Freelance Make-up Artist and Award-winning Beauty Blogger at AskMeWhats.Com
- 5 Reasons Why Solopreneurs Should Be On Snapchat Now
- Subscribe to Freelance Blend TV at www.freelanceblend.com/tv
- Snapchat at iTunes Store
- Snapchat at Google Play
- Snap Chat Video Tutorial
- Follow me on Snapchat by scanning my code below: