I truly believe that having a mentor is crucial if you want to succeed in your professional career or in business. You need someone to guide you, to tell you the truth (even if it hurts) and to lead you towards the right path. I myself don’t know how I would have survived the challenging life of a freelancer without my mentors.
And, because of the numerous messages and calls that I get from you asking for my help and advice, I decided to launch my own one-on-one mentorship program called Mentorship with Marv to dive deeper into the problems you are facing and help you breakthrough with your business.
Since I launched it in late 2015, I have worked with dozens of freelancers and solopreneurs and many of them have seen the light and now have thriving professional careers.
I thought some of you may be interested to find out what goes on inside those mentorship sessions and so in this episode, I decided to let you eavesdrop on one of my mentorship calls. (The session was conducted via Skype and recorded as an audio podcast with my client’s consent, of course.)
Listen to our Mentorship Call with Abigail Lim of SpeedyCards.ph
In this episode of the Freelance Blend Podcast, I talk with one of my clients, Abigail Lim, the founder of SpeedyCards.ph and AlfoxPrinting.com. SpeedyCardsPH and Alfox Printing are online printing services that allow you to design, order and have your prints delivered to your doorstep fast and easy.
In this call we go over the pending items that we had for the last session and then discuss her next action steps. This is an hour-long call so you can imagine how much we were able to cover during this session.
Mostly, we talked about:
- Reaching out to potential clients and networking connections
- Creating an email campaign that attracts leads
- Using Facebook pages and ads correctly
- Using landing pages that convert
Watch or listen to the episode and learn:
- How talking to people inside Facebook groups can help you market and promote your business
- Why offline marketing is still very important for your growth
- The reason why being consistent with the business name you use can help you immensely in the long run
- Why hiring good writers for your email campaign is a wise investment
- How to use Facebook ads correctly
- What to write on your business’ Facebook fan page to convert visitors into leads and potential customers
- The technique that experts use in creating a landing page for a specific offer
- Why I using LeadPages or InstaPages convert better than a landing page created at your WordPress run blog
- How to connect your Facebook Ads to your landing page
- How to use codes to keep track and separate different ad campaigns to see what is working or not
I want to help you build your freelance business:
I want to help you plan your freelance career or online business like I did for Abigail in this episode.
- Do you want to up your game and be a better freelancer?
- Do you have an idea that you want to execute well?
- Or are you struggling with something for so long you may already need help?
To learn more about my program — Mentorship with Marv — please visit www.freelanceblend.com/mwm. Thanks.
Links & Resources
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.