If the transport sector has Uber, the hotel industry has Airbnb.
Airbnb is currently disrupting the hotel industry with cheaper rates and a wide variety of homey accommodations ideal for every kind of traveler.
But guests are not the only one who benefit from Airbnb.
The platform has also made it possible for enterprising individuals to profit from the sharing economy. If you have a spare room, condo unit, apartment, or house, learn how you can turn it into a business.
In this episode, I interviewed Ryan Aldaba, a full-time BNBpreneur. He started with one unit listing on Airbnb and now, he’s expanding his business to 2 more properties. Listen as Ryan and I discuss tips for those who would like to start their BNBpreneurship journey.
Check it out for yourself. Experience staying at an Airbnb-listed accommodation on your next trip and see the difference! Use my affiliate link www.freelanceblend.com/airbnb to sign up (at no additional cost to you).
If you sign up using this link, you’ll get P950 account credit. You can use this on your first Airbnb booking and I get a commission too. Everybody wins!
- How Ryan started his Airbnb journey with his condo unit
- Types of properties that you can enlist at Airbnb
- Tasks of an Airbnb host
- Marketing tips for your property listing
- Tips on how to take eye-catching photos of your property
- Things to consider when deciding on your rental price
- Using the map and the calendar functionality to check for market demand in your area
- Host guarantees and how trust is maintained between hosts and guests
- How the platform works: from inquiries, guest selection, payment, cancellations, check-in, and check-out procedures
- Tips on what amenities make a property more appealing (read: it’s not just air conditioner that guests are looking for)
- How hosts can manage their property even if they’re not physically on site
- Tools and services that Ryan uses to manage his property
- Q&A on time-share properties, house rules, and Ryan’s worst experience as a host
Tips for Writing a Property Listing That Sells
- Your listing description should not be too long. The write-up should just be enough to give guests a feel of what you have on the property.
- Know what sells. Browse the Airbnb website and look at the top rated properties in your area. Read their listing, but don’t copy. Do this to get a feel of how they appeal to the market.
- Look at the style of their photos. Use these as patterns or reference for what works. Get an Airbnb photographer to visit your property so you can have the Airbnb verified badge.
Tips for those who want to be a BNBpreneur:
“You’re getting into the hospitality industry. Be patient. Answer questions as patiently as you can. Make the guest experience as seamless as possible: easy check-in, easy check-out.”
Links and Resources
Do You Want To Learn How To Blog?
Learn how to start a WordPress blog that matters in the WordPress Blogging Basics Workshop. Join us on the second run of our highly anticipated event on August 20, Saturday, 9am to 5pm. You may register here: www.manilaworkshops.com/wpbb2
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.