In case you missed the news because you were too busy playing Pokemon Go, here’s the latest from the largest photo and video-sharing app: Instagram introduced a new feature called Instagram Stories a couple of weeks ago.
The app now allows users to share moments from their daily lives in the form of photos and 10-second videos. The idea sounds a lot similar to Snapchat and many are already calling Instagram Stories as the Snapchat killer.
Let’s backtrack a bit. Facebook offered to buy Snapchat in 2013 but was turned down by its founders. Spectators of the tech industry can only assume that since Mark Zuckerberg and his team were not able to get what they wanted from Snapchat, they went ahead and built their own version of an ephemeral sharing app. For us users, this only means that we now have more options to explore. After all, when brands compete, it’s us users who win.
I personally did not frequently use Instagram before but now, with the launch of Instagram Stories, I think it’s time for all types of entrepreneurs to give It a try.
In this Google Hangout session, I discussed the basics of using Instagram stories and presented 10 ideas on how this feature can help brands, freelancers, and solopreneurs (you can watch the replay of the Google Hangout here).
Once you’re ready to give Instagram Stories a try, follow @freelanceblend and I promise I’ll follow you back so we can start viewing each other’s stories!
– The basics: where to find your Instagram Stories feed and how to get started
– Benefits of using Instagram Stories
– Comparison of Instagram Stories, Snapchat, and your Facebook feed
– How to upload a 10-second video or photo and how to add more stories throughout the day
– Tip on how you can stay on the first page of your followers’ feed
– How to use filters, add text, and draw doodles on your stories
– Sample future developments that we can expect from Instagram
– 10 ways to use Instagram Stories for your business
– Real-life advice on how you can apply these tips to promote intangible products such as insurance for financial advisors and personal branding for your blog
Why Should You Use Instagram Stories for Your Business?
I’ve been posting Instagram Stories and here I’ve found compelling reasons on why we should use it:
– Because it helps personify a brand and makes a business more relatable to users
– To promote products
– To build anticipation for an upcoming product or service
– Because it can be used to reach out to new audiences and eventually gain followers
– To increase engagement and interaction with existing followers
– To make a brand more likeable which can lead to an increased level of trust
On why entrepreneurs should use Instagram Stories: “Instagram Stories will be very powerful for people to get to know the persons behind the profile”– Marv
“People will be more connected with you. Parang mas makikilalaka pa nila if they see anong nangyayari behind the scenes… It’s very personal, very authentic”-Marv
“[Showing the behind the scenes] makes your brand even more relatable” – Marv
Links and Resources
- Follow Freelance Blend on Instagram
- Watch the video of the session here at Freelance Blend TV.
- The Youthful Granny VA
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.