We freelancers are always on the lookout for more ways to grow our business. While a lot of us are utilizing social media platforms to build communities, promote our services, and to collaborate with other businesses and freelancers, there’s another way to do it that looks more professional, comes with the right tools to run your business, and is equipped with reporting and tracking capabilities. We’re talking about taking your business to the next level using an e-commerce platform.
I visited the Globe Telecom office to meet and interview Dani Gil, Assistant Brand Manager for Globe myBusiness, Globe’s customer-facing unit handling accounts for SMEs, corporate individuals, professionals, and self-employed individuals like us freelancers. Dani’s expertise is in marketing and she’s currently handling business solutions.
In this podcast, Dani shares Globe myBusiness solutions ideal for freelancers and small business owners, including a partnership with one of the leading e-commerce platforms worldwide, Shopify. Globe is Shopify’s exclusive telco partner in the Philippines, offering massive discounts for both Basic and Pro Accounts. I heard about Shopify before and how user-friendly the platform is. It’s the counterpart of Weebly or Wix in the ecommerce world. I can’t wait to try it out myself.
When you sign up at www.shopify.com.ph, you’ll get more than 50% off on the monthly subscription fees and not only that, you’ll get to have a free 30-day trial period!
Basic Plan – 599/month
Professional Plan -2499/month
Visit the Pricing page to review the features included in each plan. Here’s a tip: if you want to save more, consider paying upfront for a year to get more discounts. It comes with no strings attached, you can terminate or deactivate your online shop anytime. For those who attended the WordPress Blogging Basics seminar, apply what you’ve learned and take advantage of the trial period.
- Globe myBusiness solutions and the customer groups they handle
- Type of products that they offer to SME owners and self-employed individuals
- The benefits of having your own online shop over selling on social media platforms or other online marketplaces
- Reasons why Shopify is an ideal e-commerce platform solution for us
- Advantages of registering for Shopify via Globe myBusiness
- Steps on how to sign up for Shopify
- Feature inclusions in the Shopify Basic and Professional plans
- Integration with existing Facebook pages
- Other add-on solutions for design, digital advertising, and logistics that can help every online seller
- How to use Shopify for businesses with no physical products
- Other premium services that Globe MyBusiness offers
On using social media as your main platform for selling:
“[Using} social media is like you’re setting up your business on rented land. . . . . If your business relies solely on Instagram or Facebook, and if it closes down, your business will go down din”– Marv de Leon
Links and Resources
- Click Here to Receive the “Shopify Product Deck”
- Sign up for your Shopify Account at www.shopify.com.ph
- “Creatives + Entreps” Mixer – sign up here.
- For more services from Globe myBusiness, visit their page here mybusiness.globe.com.ph
[New Meetup] “Creatives + Entreps” Mixer
Join our new meetup this for Creatives and Entrepreneurs on October 27 from 6pm to 8pm at The Study by Enderun in Podium Mall, Ortigas. Register now at www.freelanceblend.com/meetup1027. Slots are limited.
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.
Editor’s Note: I would like to thank Fitz Villafuerte of ReadyToBeRich.com for making this interview possible. More power to you!