This episode is part two of the How To Start A Successful Workshop series. In part one, I shared tips on how to prepare and promote for a workshop. If you haven’t watched that yet, click here.
In this new episode, I will not go into the details of what topics your workshop should contain. I’ll leave that to you, the subject matter expert. There is no doubt that you know your topic well and you are very passionate in teaching people about it. But how do you make them feel the same passion and make them value the learnings as much as you do? This is where effective workshop flow strategies come in.
Once your list of confirmed workshop attendees is growing, it’s time to shift your focus from topic validation to workshop content planning. It’s one thing to get the word out and to get people interested but a highly valued content is still the main factor that will keep attendees coming back for more. Think of your audience and make the workshop meaningful for them. Your attendees invest in you and trust that they will learn during the workshop so make sure that you meet their objectives. If you can, deliver more than what is expected.
Watch this episode where I share techniques to create a lively workshop flow, what to bring on the actual workshop day, and why having too many backup presentation copies is never a bad thing.
WATCH THE VIDEO ON FREELANCE BLEND TV:
You don’t have to experience everything to learn. Sometimes you have to listen to someone who has experienced his share of workshop blunders (that’s me!) Watch and learn practical tips to ensure a smooth workshop:
- Planning for your presentation
- What to do when you’re not an expert yet
- How to start the workshop with a bang and get everyone’s attention
- Tips for conducting a lively workshop
- How to make note-taking efficient for your attendees
- What to bring on the actual workshop day
- Why it is important to connect with the attendees
- Presenting Calls to Action
- Motivating attendees to undergo transformation
- How to gather email addresses
- Effective ways to get feedback from workshop attendees
Do you want your own copy of the slide deck that Marv used during the podcast for your notes? Click the button below to receive your copy.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- For more tips and tricks for freelancers, subscribe to Freelance Blend TV
- For an online backup of your workshop presentation, save it to Google Drive
- Want to get a copy of the “How to Start a Successful Workshop” slideshow? Click Here to get a copy of the Slide Deck.
- Creatives + Entreps Mixer
Are you an entrepreneur or a freelancer? Connect and interact with potential clients or freelancers to work with. Sign up here for Creative + Entreps Mixer on January 12, 2017. Visit the link for more information. Special thanks to our partners, Payoneer and The Study by Enderun.
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.