Being a freelancer can seem lonesome especially if you’re used to working with a team. You don’t have to be alone on this journey though!
The key to making your work life fun is to find like-minded people, usually fellow freelancers and entrepreneurs, who knows what it’s like to oppose the norms. Just because we are always working in front of our computers at home or in coffee shops does not mean that we can’t get together and make friends.
So where can you find kindred spirits? In meetups, of course.
Last October 2016, I had the privilege of attending the second annual gathering for Filipino freelancers. Freelancing.PH launched the Freelancer Forum PH in 2015 to “inspire the Filipino freelancing community and provide a venue and learning meetup that will help them grow as freelancers”. On the second year, the theme was “Inspiring World Class Excellence”.
In this podcast episode, I’ve put together some of the most insightful inputs from the Keynote Speakers: Mike Grogan of The Best of You podcast, Michael Brooks of GoLance, Tom Graham the author of The Genius of the Poor, and Christian San Jose, the man behind the websites of Kobe Bryant and Usher.
This 3-part podcast episode includes:
- A Freelancer Forum PH preview: Learn about the goals and the vision for Freelancer Forum PH from Cath Quiambao, founder of Freelancing.PH.
- Panel Discussion: Listen in as Mike, Michael, Tom, and Christian answer questions that puzzles most freelancers – from the benefits of freelancing and asking for an increase to setting yourself apart from others and building your own brand.
- Interview: Catch my short interview with Mike Grogan and Tom Graham where they give out insights on how to become a world-class freelancer
To know more about the event highlights, check the details on Freelancing.PH’s website.
I’m sharing this for those who were not able to attend the forum but I hope you can all join us next year. In the meantime, start growing your network and meet more freelancers and entrepreneurs on our next Creatives + Entreps Mixer on February 9 at the vOffice, Fort Legend Tower in BGC. To join, click here.
Credits to Freelancing.PH for the photos.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- For more tips and tricks for freelancers, subscribe to Freelance Blend TV
- Join Freelancing.PH Facebook group to get updates for next year’s forum or visit the Freelancing.PH website
- Listen to Mike Grogan’s Best of You podcast
- Get a copy of Tom Graham’s The Genius of The Poor book
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.