It’s been a while since I last hosted an Ask Marv session. Whether you are currently working in an office job and looking for an additional source of income or if you are considering to be a full-time freelancer, you surely have a lot of doubts and questions going on in your mind. I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Leaving the rat race was just an idea in my head until I made the leap and never looked back.
In this Facebook Live Friday session, I briefly talked about my transition from working in the corporate world to becoming a full-time all-in-one freelancer, author, and coach. I also answered the most popular question that I get all the time: “How can I start my career as a freelancer?”. Seasoned freelancers also pitched in and shared their answers.
What are your most pressing questions about freelancing and online businesses? It’s time that you let us know what’s on your mind and get answers from me and the Freelance Blend community. Email me your questions and join us on our next Facebook Live Q&A session. For the meantime, watch the previous session and check if we’ve answered some of your questions.
WATCH THE VIDEO ON FREELANCE BLEND TV
You can find a lot of resources and materials on how to flourish in your freelancing career. In Facebook Live Fridays, you get the chance to ask these questions directly from people who have experienced the same things in their freelancing journey:
- How to set your pricing for international and local clients
- Where to research and how to set an initial rate for your services
- The most in-demand online jobs
- Other places to find online job opportunities
- How to start as a freelancer
- Seasoned freelancers who can help you jumpstart your career
- How networking with fellow freelancers can help you
- Envisioning a target client
On getting clients and building relationships:
“Give value first before you ask.”
On pricing your service:
“At the end of the day, it’s all about your value. Don’t sell yourself short.”
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- For more tips and tricks for freelancers, subscribe to Freelance Blend TV
- Resources for finding the average rates in the market: UpWork and OnlineJobs.PH
- List of the most in-demand freelance jobs in 2017
- Infographic of the most important Filipino freelancing statistics of 2016
- Facebook Groups for freelancers: Online Filipino Freelancers, Work At Home Pinoys, and Freelancing.ph
- Jumpstart your freelancing career with Jason Dulay’s Virtual Assistant Bootcamp and John Pagulayan’s The Freelance Movement
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.