Who would have thought that trading NBA cards in his early teens would pave the way for a digital marketing career? That is exactly what happened to our latest guest. I am thrilled to share FBP 137 with all of you Freelance Blend listeners! In this episode, I interviewed growth hacker, digital marketing consultant, and fellow NBA fan, Nix Eñiego.
Nix, Head of Marketing at Sprout Solutions, remembers his younger days of trading cards at Glorietta as one of the telling signs that his path was long laid out before him. Nix’s interest led him to start at an early age of 16 and by the time he was 18, he was already offering his own content and SEO service to international clients. Nix, now 25 years old, has been in the digital marketing industry for the last 8 years, learning digital marketing techniques and putting these into practice for Sprout, his own company, and his e-commerce websites.
I have been in the freelancing industry for the last 3 years and have only met Nix in the last couple of months. Nix’s infectious enthusiasm will make you want to hang on his every word but if you’re like me, you’ll also wonder how is it that you’re only hearing from him now. Nix is now actively teaching new freelancers about digital marketing. When asked about why it took him all these years to reach out and teach a larger audience, Nix has got a very interesting story to tell.
I promise you that this episode is packed with practical tips that you can immediately apply for your clients or your business.
Listen to the podcast and get to know Nix’s journey!
This episode is a gem! with Nix telling us of his experiences, sharing valuable tips, answering questions from Freelance Blenders. Learn more about:
- How Nix started with Digital Marketing
- What he learned from buying and selling at the same age
- Alternative ways of lead generation outside of freelancing platforms
- His days as a Fiverr Star
- The one thing that you should get your hands on to land a job fast
- His career turning point
- Transforming from being a shy marketer to a digital marketing evangelist
- How he landed his first Digital Marketing speaking gig
- Advice for individuals interested to start their freelancing career
- Three forms of digital marketing that anyone can do for as low as P100 a day
Not knowing where to start? Here’s what Nix has to say:
“Start with something that you are interested in.”
On mustering the courage to start:
“The only thing that’s really stopping you is your excuses.”
“Try and put yourself out there. Good things will happen.”
Links and Resources
- Add Nix on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nixeniego
- Join the groups:
- Quuu.com –www.quuu.co/
- Facebook Blueprint – www.facebook.com/blueprint
- Sprout is free for businesses with less than 20 employees! Sign up here.
“Get gigs in the newest marketplace for freelancers — goLance — and earn more when you refer your friends >>> www.freelanceblend.com/golance.”
Do you want to be virtually surrounded by inspiring people everyday? Like Freelance Blend on Facebook and message us if you want to be part of the Freelance Blend group chat.
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.