A change of mindset is what Filipino freelancers need.
This is one of the key points that John “The Legend” Pagulayan discussed during the one-day workshop sponsored by Trade Secrets MNL on September 23rd. I was present in the event, along with our friends from the freelancing industry, as panelists and speakers.
For all those who know John, you know how generous he is in giving out tips for freelancing beginners. For those who are only hearing of John’s name now, you guys are missing out! (Catch up and watch my previous interview with John here on Freelance Blend)
At the TradeSecretsMNL event, John did not hold back on giving client acquisition strategies that work for him, all the while inspiring the attendees to take action in finding their own direct clients. Everyone in the room, whether an entrepreneur, and experienced freelancer, or a beginner, were able to get valuable insights to help further improve their ways connecting with potential clients.
Eager to learn about all these tips straight from The Legend himself? Don’t fret if you haven’t signed up for the workshop. Freelance Blend has got that covered for you! Listen to FBP 144 and hear remarkable insights from John. My advice is once you hear the strategies, immediately get to work and put it into action.
John talked about the most common misconceptions of freelancers on how to be successful in their field along with more helpful tips:
- Why tools and skills are overrated criteria for success
- The recipe for success: the right mindset and a tried-and-tested process
- John’s 4-step process in finding (and signing) new clients
- Evaluating your pricing and why should you charge for the value that you provide
- How to expand your network and reach out to your target audience online or during live events
- Mindset shifts that you can apply in your freelancing career
- Things you need to consider when creating a proposal
- Why you should stop self-promotion and start to focus on the client instead
Why ditching the employee mindset is important:
- “When you keep on doing that, you attract the same kind of people.”
On client proposals:
- “Be targeted. Find out who exactly your market is, what’s their problem, what results they want, and what do you do.”
The single most important thing to remember: “Unless you give value, you’ll get no money back.”
- Do you want to get more tips for fellow freelancers? Join us on Facebook and connect with hundreds of Filipino freelancers! www.freelanceblenders.com
- Are you a mother and a freelancer at the same time? Join the ultimate group for home-based mothers! FHMoms Page
- Check out the event photos on TradeSecretsMNL on Facebook
- Get gigs in the newest marketplace for freelancers — goLance — and earn more when you refer your friends >>> www.freelanceblend.com/golance.
ARE YOU READY TO BECOME A FREELANCER?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.