Back in the days when the Internet was just starting to boom, Internet-savvy and mostly young people started to share their stories online as a form of personal expression. This came to be known as blogging, coming from the word weblog. Fast forward to 2017, blogging has now become an essential and influential platform to reach out to consumers and potential clients.
Here in the Philippines, we have a huge community of bloggers spanning different industries and niches. In the midst of it all is Blogapalooza, an annual event that brings together bloggers from all over the country. Blogapalooza started in 2011 under the wing of When in Manila founders Vince Golangco, Francis Simisim, and Anton Diaz.
In 2016, Blogapalooza, under the leadership of Ace Gapuz as the CEO, has repositioned into a comprehensive influencer marketing company with more than 6000 bloggers, social media influencers, and content creators.
In this episode, Freelance Blend is extremely fortunate to interview Ace Gapuz, CEO/Blogamomma of Blogapalooza. Listen to this episode as Ace talks about her own journey as a blogger and the exciting things Blogapalooza offers for both businesses and bloggers.
Aside from tips for aspiring bloggers, Ace also touched on other topics such as:
- How she started as a blogger
- The corporate world, freelancing, and being an entrepreneur
- How blogging has evolved throughout the years
- Advice for those who want to take on blogging as a full-time career
- Ways to earn from your blog
- The Blogapalooza Community
- Buzzin as the way to bridge brands and influencers
- Her advice for freelancers who want to be successful in the blogosphere
Ace’s Top 3 Tips for new bloggers
Are you thinking about blogging? Be guided by Ace’s top 3 advice:
- Just do it. Find a platform that works for you and make a blog site.
- Have a story to tell and be authentic. Stick to something that you know best and that can give a value to people.
- Be consistent in blogging.
How to start monetizing your blog
Once your blog is out and you are creating content on a regular basis, you can then think of ways to earn from it. Here are some ways that can get you started:
- Associate yourself with a community of like-minded people
- Be active in community activities. Make an effort to be noticed. Be active and make sure your inputs are valuable.
- Sign up with https://letsbuzzin.com/. Makes it easier to collaborate and work with brands that you like.
On travel as a form of rest for an entrepreneur:
“The job of an entrepreneur is very difficult. It’s a battle everyday. You need that kind of rest and time for yourself.”
On earning from blogging:
“..it doesn’t come as easy as people think it is. It requires professionalism and experience acquired over the years.”
- Catch Ace on Twitter @acegapuz – https://twitter.com/AceGapuz
- Do you want to get more tips for fellow freelancers? Join us on Facebook and connect with hundreds of Filipino freelancers! www.freelanceblenders.com
- Sign up at Buzzin and start collaborating with brands letsbuzzin.com/
- Get gigs in the newest marketplace for freelancers — goLance — and earn more when you refer your friends >>> www.freelanceblend.com/golance.
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.