Multiple studies show that video gets the most user engagement on Facebook, with 10 times more engagement than any other type of content. This translates to 49% faster growth if your business has video content on Facebook. However, not all videos are created equal. Some fail to reach their target audience and some, while they reach their views count goal, do not convert to sales. This is the sales conversion gap that our FBP 155 guest foresaw as an opportunity.
How it all started
When it comes to video marketing, all Blenders know that the number one person to go to is Dennis “Shoden San” Abad. (You have to listen to this episode to know how he got his Japanese-sounding nickname). But this video guru and co-founder of Shoot Practical Videographer School didn’t start with video marketing, he started with his first love from way back in high school: telling stories through videos.
When Shoden saw the need to connect compelling storytelling with actual sales data based on his own experience with client videos not selling well, he started learning digital marketing. The rest as we say is history. He applied the strategies he learned to put the content in front of the right audience considering their buying journey or what marketers call the sales funnel. It made sense to create engaging videos for clients and then help them get their content seen.
In this episode, listen as we discuss the lessons we learned from our corporate industry experience, how to become a video marketer, and how to incorporate video into your own personal brand. If you’re thinking of switching your career to producing and making videos for clients or if you are a business owner exploring the benefits of video, then this is the right episode for you!
Listen to FBP 155 as Shoden and I discussed:
- How his interest in video started
- The benefits of working in a corporate world before going as a full-time freelancer
- What made him decide to quit his office job and be a full-time freelancer
- His experience working with international clients for VSLs (video sales letter)
- Classes they offer at Shoot Practical Videography school
- 3 types of videos that a Business Owner can use for his brand
- How he built his network through referrals
- On why he keeps learning and improving his skills: “Video marketing does not exist in a bubble. It’s not the only thing that can help you to grow your business exclusively”
- On video as the future of content: “… Video has a strong capacity to help people change their perspective.”
- On why freelancers should consider video marketing: “Since video is starting to become mainstream, it’s very easy to include it in social media marketing. It’s part of the ecosystem.”
- Watch this episode on Facebook Live
- Shoot Practical Videography School – Learn the basics of video making and video editing. Don’t forget to watch out for their Video Marketing course offering available in the next couple of months.
- Listen to us the Freelance Blend Podcast, now on Spotify. Follow us at www.freelanceblend.com/spotify!
- Do you want to get more tips for fellow freelancers? Join us on Facebook and connect with hundreds of Filipino freelancers! www.freelanceblenders.com