When I was starting, I was aware that I knew very little about online marketing. On top of that, I felt like what I did in my previous job didn’t relate that much with what I wanted to do online. But what I did have was courage and a lot of drive for learning. And that was enough to propel me to move forward.
Today, aside from what I do here in Freelance Blend, I am also consulting with several clients to improve their digital presence online. I help them design their sales funnels and rebrand the websites. I have learned a lot of skills and knowledge about digital marketing and the journey has been truly rewarding. In this episode, I want to share with you how I got from zero to being a digital marketer. I want to show you specific actions you can take right now to put you in the right direction for success in digital marketing.
Starting was never easy for me, but after a few years of doing my thing online, I have gone through a lot of very instructive experiences. In this episode, I share what I learned in all those years including the following:
- How I transferred the skills and experiences I had from my corporate job at sales to online entrepreneurship and digital marketing
- How reading Rich Dad Poor Dad drove me to buy a rental property and inspired me to read more business books
- How discovering podcasts accelerated my learning of business and marketing ideas
- How treating myself as my own client encouraged me to experiment courageously without being afraid to commit mistakes
- How I discovered the power of community from the first meetup I organized, which I thought would fail but didn’t!
- How I became a consultant and how you can become one too
Learn these and more in the Facebook Live recording below where I also answer audience questions about the best mic recommendations, for those thinking about starting a podcast, the best social media platforms for different businesses, and some tips and tricks on doing Facebook advertising.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss
- To watch other useful Facebook Live replays please visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/freelanceblend. To be notified when I do another Facebook Live call, don’t forget to like the page.
- Watch more freelancing tips and tricks at Freelance Blend TV
- Connect with hundreds of Filipino freelancers and learn more insights at freelanceblenders.com