A large chunk of clients served by Filipino freelancers is coming from the United States. In fact, according to a 2018 survey conducted by Paypal in 2018, 60% of their clients come from the U.S.
For us Pinoy freelancers, the main advantage of working with American clients is financial — the US dollar exchange rate is quite competitive compared to that of other currencies.
However, with this advantage comes a challenging tradeoff.
And the tradeoff is our most valuable resource: TIME.
Many Filipino freelancers working for US-based clients have to adjust to the Western hemisphere’s time zone, which could entail working from the late evenings up to the wee hours of the morning — a time when freelancers could be spending with their families or getting their much needed sleep.
Now if you are a call center agent who is trying to escape the ungodly hours associated with call center life by testing the waters of freelancing, there may not be much of a difference for you.
You are still working the same hours, hampering the work-life balance you are striving for.
And it’s simple: Work with Australian clients instead.
In this new episode of the Freelance Blend Podcast, we introduce you to a market, which you may have never considered before—a pool of clients that just might give you a better working schedule, which means better sleep, better health, and more time with your family.
Listen as Eunice and I talk about this and other diverse topics related to freelancing. If you are someone who is seriously considering transitioning from your corporate job to working for yourself, or if you are a total beginner to freelancing, then this episode is for you!
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Eunice started freelancing by just applying at an agency she found at JobStreet
- How climbing the corporate ladder forestalled Eunice from entering to the freelance world
- What made Eunice question the corporate lifestyle (hint: long commutes and office politics!)
- The challenges Eunice faced during the first few weeks of freelancing
- How Eunice finally got a big break in her freelancing
- How Eunice helped start a community of Filipino freelancers who work for Australian clients (with 15,000 members just a year after it was started)
- Eunice’s tips on looking for freelance jobs through JobStreet
- What the “Filipino Freelancers with Australian Clients” Facebook group is all about
- The advantages of working with Australian clients
- What PayStaff is all about and how it can help you save a lot of money
- The things you are going to learn if you attend the Working Remote Conference 2019
- Learn all of these and so much more by watching my interview with Eunice Punzalan below.
“Kailangan may tatlo kang “D” eh—you have the Desire, you have Determination, and you have that Dedication to finish what you have started.” – Eunice Punzalan
On September 13 and 14, 2019, The Working Remote Conference 2019 is happening at the SMX Aura in BGC, Taguig. To date, it is the biggest working remote summit in the Philippines.
What makes the conference stand out from other freelance events is its focus on the complete beginner—the individual who is just considering or is just about to transition from full-time corporate work to freelancing.
As a special offer for listeners of the Freelance Blend Podcast, we are giving away a discount coupon to those of you who want to take advantage of this rare opportunity.
Go to www.workingremote.ph and use the promo code WRBlenders to get the tickets at only P1,000 per person (a group of at least 3 persons). The regular ticket price is P3,500 per individual, which means you get more than 70% off the original price using this special offer!
That’s a great deal, so what are you waiting for? Visit www.workingremote.ph and grab your tickets today.
- Join Eunice’s Facebook group: the Filipino Freelancers with Australian Clients
- Learn more about PayStaff here: PayStaff.com.au
- Get your tickets for the Working Remote Conference here: www.workingremote.ph (use the code WRBlenders to get your discount).
- To watch other useful Facebook Live replays please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/freelanceblend. To be notified when I do another Facebook Live call, don’t forget to like the page.
- Watch more freelancing tips and tricks at Freelance Blend TV
- Connect with hundreds of Filipino freelancers and learn more insights at www.freelanceblenders.com