2014 has been a unbelievable year for me so far. It is also a year of firsts for me.
It is the year when I started publishing content for my podcast, The Freelance Blend Podcast. In fact, my inaugural podcast episode, Episode 1 with Fitz Villafuerte, was released on the very first day of 2014.
For this website, FreelanceBlend.com, although the first blog post was released exactly on December 13, 2013, I consider this year, 2014, as my maiden year in the blogging space.
Further, I launched our first workshop, Freelancing for Beginners 1.0, on August 16 of this year. The workshop opened a lot of doors for me as it gave me the opportunity to appear in my very first national TV appearance.
So, when I heard about the Emerging Influential Blogs of 2014 Project from Ms. Janette Toral, a previous guest of the Freelance Blend Podcast, I thought about joining it because of the potential for me to reach more people, if ever I get selected. Also, doing so will mean that I will be able to inspire more of our countrymen to earn income through freelancing, which should eventually lead to eliminating unemployment and poverty in the Philippines.
One requirement to join this project is to identify at least 5 other emerging influential blogs of 2014. To be honest, since the blogs in the given list are still emerging blogs, this is the first time I have learned about them (and I am very sure they feel the same way about me). So I am now looking at my crystal ball to identify those blogs that I see to be potentially relevant and noteworthy blogs in the coming years. Here they are:
1. solesearchingsoul.com – a travel blog with a nice catchy URL.
2. technorush.com – I love gadgets and hopefully this Pinoy tech blog will provide more interesting content in the coming years.
3. matakawnabata.com – the URL alone is witty and has potential. I am just curious how Matakawnabata looks like :).
4. astig.ph – I like the design of the site and also the “astig” URL.
5. heymissadventures.com – My favorite among the entries. I love the clean but shabby-chic feel of the site. For the URL, I like the play of words and double meaning in the name “Miss Adventures”. Smart.
6. jefrox.com – Great URL, easy to remember and witty. The site is uncluttered and the photography is awesome.
Lastly, as a bonus, I would like to share, in my opinion, the 5 Most Influential Blogs of 2014 (here and abroad). These blogs were not necessarily created in 2014, but they are certainly making a waves in the interwebs this year and have inspired millions of people, including yours truly, to pursue their passion of creating content and providing value to the masses:
1. Smart Passive Income by Pat Flynn – My main inspiration that got me into podcasting and blogging. If you want to become an influential blogger, you should definitely follow Pat Flynn and he will change your life like he did mine.
2. LewisHowes.com – I heard about Lewis through Pat Flynn’s podcast, where I learned about his rags-to-riches story – from his days of sleeping in his sister’s couch to earning millions through his online businesses. Truly inspiring.
3. Entrepreneur On Fire – A relatively new podcast and blog (I believe the blog was started in early 2013) and in a very short span of time, has grown into one of the most popular business podcasts in iTunes.
4. Ready To Be Rich – My mentor, Fitz Villafuerte’s influential personal finance blog has helped thousands, maybe even millions, of Filipinos learn how to make their money work for them and not the other way around. He is generous not only to his readers but also to new bloggers like me. In fact, he gave me my first break in the blogging-podcasting scene by agreeing to guest in my very first podcast episode. Props to you, Fitz!
5. Make It Blissful – Another previous podcast guest of mine, Martine de Luna, is my idol (and she knows it) when it comes to personal branding, writing and web design. When I was starting, I found myself “lurking” in her blog to get inspiration and tips to apply for my own blog.
And there you have it, the blogs that you should subscribe to now and watch out for in the next few years.
To learn more about the Emerging Influential Blogs of 2014, please visit the link below:
What to you is the most influential blog of 2014 that is not in my list? Please share in the comment box below.
You May Also Like
Join our newsletter and download our free Ebook! Just click the iPad below to get instant access.