Want to be successful quickly? Go for it alone.
Want to have HUGE SUCCESS? Go and do it with others.
In the words of George Matthew Adams, “there is no such thing as a ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.”
And it’s true.
Because as humans, we are social beings. It’s natural for us to search for “our tribe.”
As for me, I personally love hanging around with a bunch of people from different backgrounds. Especially when they have a COMMON GOAL – to achieve personal SUCCESS.
So on Mar 22, 2018, I attended the Freelance Blend CREATIVES + ENTREPS MIXER meetup.
If you’ve been following this blog, you know that Freelance Blenders or “Blenders” is a group of entrepreneurs, self-employed, freelancers and creatives who work for themselves.
These are the people who live the “be your own boss” lifestyle.
And because this is the lifestyle that I choose to live, the Blenders meet up is something I wouldn’t miss for the world!
So let me share with you the some of the people I’ve met here who are rocking their own personal brands and businesses online:
1. Marvin De Leon – he’s the ”tribe leader” of Freelance Blend and the man behind this meetup event.
He wrote the book Cyberpreneur Philippines, an online business start-up guide.
From Senator Bam Aquino’s own words:
“We are confident that this book will help in the realization of our dream of spurring online-based start-ups, services, and other innovative and up-coming products in our country,”
2. Ginger Palma Arboleda is a serial entrepreneur, mommy blogger, biz coach and freelancer.
She’s the CEO of Manila Workshops, a venue for people to continuously learn and aspire for their professional or personal goals in life and the Co-Founder of Taxumo, a DIY Tax Submission Platform that helps freelancers, professionals, small business owners prepare, file and pay their taxes.
Ginger is a perfect example of a true #girlboss!
If you want to become a girl boss too, learn more about her here: Mommy Ginger.
3. Abigail Joan Ongyanco Lim – another inspiring #girlboss.
She’s one of the sponsors of the Blenders meetup. She’s the founder of multiple businesses such as Alfox Printing Services (Digital, RISO and Large Format Printing Services), Brokerspaces.com (an online workspace for real estate brokers), and Co-Founder & CMO at Wizher (a secure WiFi access system for kids)
4. John R Pagulayan – if you’re a Filipino online freelancer, there’s a high probability that you know this guy.
He’s a millionaire freelancer, a sought after email copywriter and the founder of thefreelancemovement.com.
To date, John has 14,000+ fans in Facebook. You can follow him here: John Pagulayan
5. Niel Reichl – a freelance copywriter and he’s arguably the best “Facebook chatbot” marketer in the Philippines.
He’s one of the instructors of the Social Media Academy 3.0, an online academy for aspiring social media marketers.
Don’t know what a chatbot is? Learn more about Niel and chatbots here: BottBott
6. Shoden San – one of the “lodis” of the Pinoy freelancing world.
Dennis Abad aka Shoden San is a filmmaker, online video strategist and cofounder at SHOOT Practical Videography School (for highly passionate, creative, and professional videographers)
Learn more about this guy here: dennisabad.com
7. Nix Eniego – is a public speaker, modern day marketer and the co-founder of Social Media Academy.
He’s currently re-launching Social Media Academy 3.0, a 1-Month Online Program for Social Media Marketers who would like to level up their game.
Check it out here https://enroll.socialmediamanager.ph/sma
8. Herlene Somook aka as “H” is an online marketing agency owner and the co-author of the book Six-Figure Freelancer Blueprint.
This book helps new freelancers earn six-figures through proven methods and practical tips.
9. Althea Maefe Tañola Sagayno– she’s the Community Head of Pinoy Homebased Mastermind Group, a community for aspiring homebased professionals and the founder/creator of The Alpha VA Project, a comprehensive course that teaches a step by step process to becoming a high-level virtual assistant.
10. Rowell Austria – is a Facebook advertiser, and the digital marketing consultant at TDC Prestige Manila.
Rowell chose Facebooks ads as his niche but he knew the importance of “niching down” so he chose to specialize in helping Real Estate professionals generate more sales using Facebook ads.
Very smart, eh?
If you’re a real estate broker, you must hook up with Rowell Austria.
12. Eric Angelo Gadingan Aquino more known as “Erictoons”
He’s a visual artist and an animator at Toon City Animation. He sketches awesome cartoons for brands, logos, entrepreneurs and celebrities!
He just recently created an animated image of the Filipino actor Geoff Eigenmann.
If you need cartoon work for your brand or for yourself, contact Eric Angelo Gadingan Aquino
12. Anna D. Soriano is a STUDENT turned into COACH then into CO-OWNER of one the top “work from home”
online resource in the Philippines, the Work from Home Roadmap.
She’s the perfect example that persistence and dedication will bring you guaranteed success.
13. Daise Virtudazo is a work at home mom and passionate about home schooling. She’s an online business manager for multiple international brands and is a flower shop owner.
If you are an OFW who wants to send gifts, flowers or chocs to your loved ones in Metro Manila, contact Daise Delights Flowers and Gift Shop.
14. Donna Salvanera is another WAHM work at home mom. A digital marketer who creates sales funnels for online female coaches. Learn more about Donna here: http://www.donnasalvanera.com/
15. Joanna Avellana is a social media manager & the community manager of Freelance Blend.
She’s a successful freelancer but what I love more about Jo is her amazing personality. She’s always sending positive vibes and just so friendly to everyone! Check out Joanna’s website here: http://joannaavellana.com
Whoa! That’s a long list of awesome peeps!
To be honest, I wanted to share every single person who attended because they are all interesting and they all have a unique gift to offer. Maybe, I’ll share the others next time. 😉
This has been said before but I’ll say it again… “your network is your net worth” – Keep that in mind.
I hope by sharing this list you’ll be more encourage to join the next Blenders event. When is it gonna be? There’s no date yet but you can join Freelance Blenders Group to keep yourself posted.
“Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together” – Paul Ryan
Be part of something bigger than yourself,
This article is a guest post by:
Pinky Anicete is a freelancer, blogger and online entrepreneur who helps online coaches acquire as much leads as possible through high-level social media marketing techniques.
She blogs on her website pinkyanicete.com.