We really live in a small world.
I have been following our guest for this episode, Ginger Arboleda – the charming professional blogger for MommyGinger.com and ManilaReviews.com and founder of booming businesses such as Manila Workshops (events), Kooky Loopy (baby clothes), Steps Project (advocacy) and Memory Crafts (craft box subscription) – since I interviewed Martine de Luna back in Freelance Blend Podcast Episode 8. It was Martine who talked about Manila Workshops during that interview and I was really interested to find out more about the company and how maybe we can partner with them for our future events.
A few weeks later and I found myself attending one of their workshops, the “Protecting your Business with Intellectual Properties” talk conducted by our very own (and former guest), Dandy Victa. That’s where I met Ginger and found out that not only did she work with my current company while she was Product Manager for a universal bank, but she also was a schoolmate of mine in grade school – high school at Colegio San Agustin Makati (CSA Forever!). Not only that, she was also the batch mate of my younger sister and Ginger and I were both members of the Pilot Class in high school (yes, we are nerds). Wow, another Agustinian blogger, like me?
Small world indeed.
Here are the key takeaways from this episode.
- Ginger’s experience in the corporate world and how she applied the learnings to her businesses and websites.
- Why it’s important to work in corporate first before going into business.
- What made her take the leap from corporate work to business and blogging.
- Her passion for fitness that led to ManilaFitness.com.
- How she manages her time maintaining all her businesses and websites.
- Her “active lifestyle” advocacy.
- The importance of automating your business processes.
- What a bridge job is.
- How she monetizes her blogs.
- The importance of producing great content and personally carrying the brand of your blog.
- How MommyGinger.com surpassed the traffic of ManilaReviews.com in a span of a year.
Resources and Links
- ManilaReviews.com – her husband’s family’s website.
- ManilaMommy.com – her sister-in-law’s website.
- ManilaFitness.com – Ginger’s fitness website.
- MommyGinger.com – Ginger’s mompreneur website.
- Steps Project
- UP by Jawbone – Ginger’s fitness Tracker
- Fitbit Flex – Marv’s fitness tracker
- ManilaShopaholic.com – her sister’s blog.
- Anton Diaz interview
- Fitz Villafuerte interview
- [email protected]
- Memory Crafters Workshop
- Eats Right! Motivational Meetups
*Some links above are affiliate links where we earn a commission when you purchase something. But don’t worry, you won’t be charged extra for that. Just think of it as a donation to Freelance Blend. 🙂
“You have to think of ways on how you can automate your processes or set-up your processes in a way that you can outsource them in the future.”
“I never regretted going into corporate because I actually learned a lot of things.”
“One of the important things that you have to take into consideration is really networking…networking and building relationships with your customers.”
“The first thing that you have to do is do not quit first. You have to test it out first.”
“Very important din (na) you build your brand and you know what your brand stands for.”
“When you want to start your own business or go into freelancing, you have to think of your objective or the end result. Kumbaga the bigger picture na.”