Happy Independence Day to all our independent Work At Home Warriors out there, the Pinoy freelancer!
What a great day to relax and celebrate the holiday by listening to the story of an independent dude himself, Raymond Tribdino from Integreat.
You will learn how he left very stable and high-paying positions at top multinational companies to work for himself and form his own company, Integreat, even if he doesn’t have any entrepreneurial experience. You will also hear about the touching letter that he received from his son (which made my teary-eyed).
Here are the takeaways from the show.
- How he started his company Integreat.
- How he got fascinated with digital marketing because of Friendster.
- How became part of one of the first automotive websites in the country with Nissan Philippines and the first online publication with Business World Online.
- Integreat’s virtual office.
- On freelancers creating a career path.
- His sideline as a PR person for a medical company while working for Nissan.
- On Empathy, Experience and Expertise.
- What cross-platform marketing is.
- What freelancers should do to get hired by companies.
- What motivated him to move to entrepreneurship.
- His clipping point. What his son said in a letter addressed to him.
- His fears about not being an entrepreneur and how he overcame them.
- The chess analogy to entrepreneurship.
- The inverted pyramid of priorities.
Resources and Links
- Netscape Navigator
- Business World Online
- Reg Silva – Illustrator. Freelance Blend member
- Coca Cola
- Geeks On A Beach
- Rainbow Loom
- [email protected]
“The world should be full of freelancers and telecommuters.”
“To my mind, the digital world was very real and we had to all move into that virtual reality.”
“Smart people learn from their own mistakes, wise people learn from the mistakes of others.”
“My advice to freelancers is: Get real!”
“I realized, ang galing ko magpayaman ng ibang tao.”