Wow! 2014 has been a crazy and fulfilling year for me and Freelance Blend – the podcast, the blog and the community!
I was able to accomplish a lot of things since the first podcast episode of the Freelance Blend Podcast was published on January 1st of 2014. I was able to get featured on national TV, conducted a series of successful workshops, became a guest speaker at the Freelance Camp and to cap it off, got invited to become a columnist at the Malaya Business Insight newspaper.
2014 was truly a blessed year for me.
And as my way of saying “THANK YOU!”, I would like to share again one of the best and most popular episodes of the Freelance Blend Podcast for 2014, my interview with the one and only, Anton Diaz of OurAwesomePlanet.com.
If you are a new subscriber to the show, you may have missed episodes 4 and 5, a 2-part series featuring Anton, where I learned a lot and implemented myself a number of the tips and tactics that he shared on the show.
This is Part 1 of a 2-part series and here are the Key Takeaways that you will get after listening to this episode:
- How and why he quit his high-paying job at one of the top companies in the world to become a full time blogger.
- How he discovered blogging and capitalized on it before it got big in the Philippines.
- In choosing a niche, why going small is a mistake and why bigger is better.
- Why his initial venture in e-commerce failed and what were his learnings from it.
- How he started his weekend market business with Mercato Centrale.
- How he was able to spot trends in blogging and in business.
- How he applied the skills that he learned at work to blogging and business.
Please watch out for Part 2 of this 2-part series with Mr. Anton Diaz.
What tip did you like the most from our interview with Anton Diaz? Please share in the comments section below.
We would like to invite everyone to our first Speed Networking Brunch happening on January 24, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 12 n.n. at Cafe Shibuya in QC.
It is open to all freelancers, entrepreneurs, influencers and small business owners.