During my interviews with Jojy Azurin, Freelancer.com‘s Regional Director for Continental Asia, (Episode 37) and Evan Tan, Regional Director for Southeast Asia (Episode 39), we mentioned that we will talk about in a future podcast how freelancers can take advantage of one of the top freelances marketplaces in the world, Freelancer.com, and also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about their service.
And so they invited me back into their brand spanking new office at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City, where Jojy, Evan, Jieneb Kho (Freelancer.com‘s Media Relations Officer) and myself recorded this podcast episode. It was in fact recorded sometime in November 2014, and due to some other pre-recorded episodes for December, we were only able to release the interview this January. Hence, some of the events that we discussed during the interview may have already passed.
But the winning tips that Jojy, Evan and Jieneb shared especially for Freelancer.com newbies will surely still apply today. Also, at the time of the interview, the Fast 50 report we spoke about refers to the November 2014 release. Freelancer.com has recently released its January 2015 report, which you should also check out in the Links sections below.
Meanwhile, here are the key takeaways from this interview:
- How to get your first project in Freelancer.com (for newbies and experienced freelancers).
- The importance of completing the certification exams in Freelancer.com.
- How to stand out in a crowded job category.
- The best time to bid in Freelancer.com.
- The success story of an e-commerce encoder from Davao and the anime artist.
- Types of memberships at Freelancer.com.
- Why the free membership is somehow rest
- Coming soon: Company pages.
- “Assisted Projects” for Premium Employers.
- How to get your earnings faster with Express Withdrawals.
- How Contests can help freelancers who are newbies.
- The rise of Pinterest and Google Plus jobs.
- The Fast 50 Growing Online Jobs.
- “Productizing” your service.
- Freelancer.com Fees and Charges
- Express Withdrawals
- Freelancer Debit Card
- Google Plus
- Talino Talks
- Warrior Forum
- The Fast 50 Report for Nov 2014
- The Fast 50 Report for Jan 2015
“When luck comes, are you prepared?”
“Be awesome at something and highlight it as well.”
What do will be the fastest rising jobs for freelancers this 2015? We would love to hear from you. Please share your comments below.
Meet your future business partner! Form your own super team of freelancers and come to our first Speed Networking Brunch happening on January 24, 2015 from 9 a.m. to 12 n.n. at Cafe Shibuya in QC.
The deadline for the early bird rate of P750.00 has been extended until January 20, 2015 (Tuesday)!
Please register NOW at www.manilaworkshops.com/speednetworking or click the button below.