I have heard about Periscope in May of this year and started to join this hot new social media platform. But I didn’t understand it at that time. In fact a lot of people did not understand it that time.
I was in a beach in Bohol and started sharing the view of the beach through Periscope. I didn’t want to show my face, just the view. Then, I was surprised to see the interaction and question that came in from people from all across the globe.
However, after leaving Bohol. I didn’t know what to Periscope about anymore and thought of it as just a fad.
Fast forward to 4 months later, I tried opening Periscope again and was glad to see most of my online idols using it — Pat Flynn, Chris Ducker, Jason Van Orden, Jeremy Frandsen and Jamie Tardy. I immediately got hooked. They have used Periscope as an extension of their business. For fans like me, I was addicted. I loved being able to see the people that I admire and be given the ability to ask questions and interact with them.
You can’t do that with TV!
So, I have replaced my TV viewing with Scoping!
And now here is my first official Scope. Since Periscope episodes disappear after 24 hours, you can catch the replays at www.katch.me/iammarvdeleon.
(Pardon the static audio. I am still studying and working on this new media and I appreciate that you are bearing with me. The podcast audio sounds better.)
5 Ways to Overcome Loneliness as a Freelancer or Solopreneur:
- Take a walk or jog.
- Listen to a podcast.
- Watch a Periscope (follow me @marvdeleon or catch the replays at www.katch.me/iammarvdeleon)
- Go out with your friends or significant other.
- Join a Meetup or Eventbrite group.
- Talk or group chat in Skype or Google Hangouts
Links and Resources:
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port
- 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- My Periscope page: @marvdeleon
- Watch the replays on www.katch.me/iammarvdeleon
- Google Hangouts
Join us on November 7 and 14 for our 2-Day Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solo Entrepreneurs. Avail of the early bird discount by joining now!