Are you a serial learner — someone who reads tons of business books or attends various workshops — but never took action or applied what you learned from those books or workshops?
Yes, a lot of people I know are like that and you may be guilty of that.
But not our guest for this episode, Mr. Mike Grogan.
Mike Grogan was a student of mine during the first Personal Branding Workshop in May of this year. When I first spoke with him before the workshop started and learned that he is a teacher, I told him I felt pressure with him in the audience (which was true.)
I was wondering, “What is this white guy doing here?”
“Why is he here in my workshop?”
I learned a lot about Mike in that first day of the workshop and more so on the 2nd day of the workshop the following week.
I learned that he needed our guidance — from me, Sonny del Rosario (of LifeQuest), and the rest of the students. He had tons of ideas scribbled down in his thick notebook (one of dozens that contains all his ideas). (Marv’s note: thanks Mike for introducing this habit to me.)
He needed clarity as well as honest comments from everyone in the room.
He was very open to receiving constructive criticism and I was amazed by his humility and openness to learn from others even with his rich experience in business and personal development.
On the 2nd day of the workshop, I was glad to see him again. He seems to have more clarity by then and brought with him his sample brochures for his personal brand. Again, he received feedback from our brand experts, Ginger Arboleda of Manila Workshops, Nikki Tiu of AskMeWhats.com and Showbiz Bro of Machong Chismisan Podcast. This time, he got more insightful comments from people who have successful personal brands.
As you will hear in this interview with him, we were able to plant a seed in Mike’s mind and one of the most things that he did?
He took action!
After the Personal Branding Workshop, Mike immediately created a new personal brand that catapulted him into new heights.
He called his new personal brand — The Best Of You.
From there, Mike and I formed a business and personal relationship, as he hired me as his podcast manager to help set up his own podcast, which he said was inspired by Freelance Blend Podcast (woot!).
It is entitled Best Of You Podcast and in 3 months, has been a hit in iTunes. He has featured some of the big names in Philippine business, entertainment, and culture including Tony Meloto of Gawad Kalinga, Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet, Vince Golangco of When In Manila, Ana Meloto-Wilk of Human Nature, Krie Lopez of Messy Bessy, David Bonifacio of Coffee Bean, Rey Bufi of Story Telling Project and a lot more.
What’s more, in this episode you will learn:
- What brought Mike Grogan to the Philippines and why is he staying here.
- Growing up as a sheep boy in Ireland.
- Mike’s personal transformation in Tanzania.
- Why he loved the movie Heneral Luna.
- His vision of the Philippines becoming a First World country.
- The value of forming successful habits and the important success habit that Marv got from Mike.
- The impact of the Personal Branding Workshop on his life.
- Why he created The Best of You movement and The Best of You Podcast.
- On OFWs and why Filipinos need to stay home.
- His 40-Day Miracle challenge and the special discount for Freelance Blend listeners.
Links and Resources
- Best of You Podcast
- The 40-Day Miracle – email [email protected] to register.
- Personal Branding Workshop – Register now for this new workshop!
Join us on November 7 and 14 for our 2-Day Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solo Entrepreneurs. Avail of the early bird discount by joining now!