Here at Freelance Blend, one of our goals is to provide you freelancers with all the possible options available online to get profitable gigs to grow your freelance business and then let you decide which one (or ones) best suits your needs.
One of the newest freelance marketplaces to hit the scene and for you to check out is 5Crowd.com.
Now, you may ask: What’s 5Crowd and what makes it different from the other ones out there? Why should I try it out?
Hence, we invited on the show no less than the Toronto-based co-founder of 5Crowd, Bram Warshafsky, to shed light on these questions.
You’ll learn about his background and his aha-moment while working as a marketer for a large corporation. Also you’ll find out what led him to leave the “9 to 5” to form his startup company that aims to connect freelancers and big brands.
Listen as he talks about his passion for freelancers, his belief in Filipino talent and the spiritual connection between 5Crowd and Freelance Blend that gave me goose bumps.
If you have yet to subscribe to the top business podcast in iTunes — Freelance Blend Podcast — (subscribe in iTunes or Stitcher), why don’t you do so now so you can hear more of Bram’s insights and how you can build a thriving freelance business in 5Crowd.com.
- Why Bram started a freelance marketplace such as 5Crowd.com.
- Why he left the corporate rat race to build his startup.
- How 5Crowd is different from other freelance websites.
- The demographic shift and trends happening in the world today that led Bram to form his startup business.
- Why 5Crowd is free for freelancers.
- The value that big companies get using 5Crowd’s service.
- The types of jobs available for freelancers at 5Crowd.
- How to apply for 5Crowd and the document that need to prepare to sign up.
- How talented freelancers who are still new in the freelancing game can thrive in 5Crowd.
- The 4 things that 5Crowd looks for in an applicant.
- The payment process within 5Crowd.
- The rise of the specialist.
- The type of rates freelancers can expect at 5Crowd.
Links and Resources
- Marketing Mag’s “30 Under 30” feature on Bram Warshafsky
- Cyberpreneur Philippines book – get a copy now only at P395 from Fully Booked (soon in National Bookstore)
- Cyberpreneur Philippines ebook version in Amazon.com – download here
- Subscribe to Freelance Blend Podcast — the top business podcast in iTunes and Stitcher
Quotes from Bram
“At 5Crowd, what we are looking for are people that have a generalist understanding, whatever their skill set is, but also something that makes them really special.”
“Our mission is to unlock the power of freelance and share it with the world.”
How do freelance marketplaces like 5Crowd help you find your most profitable clients? Please share in the comment box below.
Join us on November 7 and 14 for our 2-Day Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solo Entrepreneurs. Avail of the early bird discount by joining now!