Juan Bernardo “J3” Patino, this week’s guest at the Freelance Blend Podcast, and myself have known each other for many years.
J3’s eldest brother, JC, is my friend and classmate in high school. I remember going to their house with our barkada during the summer breaks because they always had the latest and coolest video game consoles (PS1, Super Nintendo, etc.) at that time. And always, there was this small and spunky 7-year old kid who would play not only computer games with us but wrestling too (actually more like MMA).
Yes, that highly energetic kid was J3. Little did I know that our paths will eventually cross again as we both build our own online businesses.
Today, J3 Patino is a registered financial planner and online teacher helping Filipinos create their ideal lifestyle through financial education.
In this week’s episode, J3 and I discussed:
- How reading personal development and finance books propelled J3 into business
- How teaching allowed J3 to pursue other projects on the side
- How J3’s iPhone app that cost $3,000 in investment earned him a mere $24 and how this expensive failure taught him to change his mindset in business
- How experiencing 4 months of delayed salary and “turon for lunch” convinced J3 to start investing and pursuing business
- How teaching offline can train you to teach online
- What affiliate marketing is and how you can implement it
- The importance of establishing trust in affiliate marketing
- What the Truly Rich Club is and how you can be an affiliate
- How J3 learned and started to create his own products
- Mastermind groups are very important in both traditional and online businesses.
- When you put heart into your business, not just money, it begins to blossom.
“You have to invest in yourself first before others invest in you.” – Marv de Leon
The 7 Stages of The Game of Wealth
In our conversation, J3 provided and in-depth discussion of what he calls “The 7 Stages of the Game of Wealth.” According to J3 before you decide to enter the Game of Wealth it is very important to know what stage you are in because each stage has its own set of rules and goals. Knowing where you are in the Game of Wealth will help you identify what next steps to take and prepare you to move on into the next level.
Here are “The 7 Stages of the Game of Wealth:”
- Stage of Awareness
- Stage of the Quick Sun
- Stage of Burden
- Stage of Independence
- Stage of Security
- Stage of Freedom
- Stage of Abundance
Tune in to the podcast episode to know what to do in each of these stages.
Join our new Personal Branding Workshop
We’re very happy to announce that we will be bringing our third iteration of the Personal Branding Workshop for Freelancers and Solopreneurs.
Learn more about the live event and reserve a seat at freelanceblend.com/personalbranding3.
Links & Resources
- Freelance Blend Personal Branding Workshop: freelanceblend.com/personalbranding3
- J3’s personal website: j3patino.com.
- J3’s personal finance website: gameofwealthonline.com.
- J3’s membership website: pinoymoneyacademy.com
- Truly Rich Club
- Experts Academy
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Awaken the Giant Within
- Internet Business Mastery