A successful, income-generating blog is a product of multiple factors: a strong branding,clear understanding of the audience, dedication to producing valuable content, and a willingness to go beyond the digital realm.
For others, earning from their blog took years. For Ginger Arboleda of Mommyginger.com, it took 6 months.
Those who know Ginger can describe her as a serial blogger and mompreneur. Over the years, she has built and managed several blogs in different niches.
In this Facebook Live session, Ginger and I shared how we started to earn from our blogs.We talked about different ways to monetize your site aside from signing up for Google AdSense.
Thank you to everyone who tuned in to the Facebook Live session. Watch the video replay here in case you missed it.
- How I started Freelance Blend and how I earned after 8 months of blogging and podcasting
- Ginger’s blogging experience (ManilaReviews.com, ManilaFitness.com, ManilaWorkshops.com, MommyGinger.com)
- How Ginger started to monetize MommyGinger.com 6 months after she launched the blog
- Direct and indirect ways of earning from your blog
- Why you should start video blogging or producing video content
- Different ways to repurpose content
- Q&A: Tips for video bloggers, best blog platform, and blog marketing techniques
Things to think about before starting a blog
- What is your niche?
- What are your strengths?
- What is your branding?
- What would make your blog stand out?
Ginger on her blog mommyginger.com:
“It was my own voice speaking to all of you women that we can actually do these things.”
On the end goal of blogging:
“It’s not really about making money, but it’s more about helping people or sharing your thoughts. When you share your thoughts and experiences, people will want to learn about it.” – Ginger
On coming up with blog marketing strategies:
“Think of building a community around your blog. . . . Start connecting with your followers and then invite them to offline events” – Marv
“Really depends on how clear your customer persona is in your mind . . . .It’s a matter of being there at the right time, at the right moment.” – Ginger
On coming up with blog content:
“When you write about content, write about it from the heart.”– Ginger
“The more senses that you use when you convey messages, the more it becomes successful.”– Ginger
“You don’t need to be an expert who knows everything. . . . Write about your journey and take your readers with you. “ – Marv
Links and Resources
- Mommy Ginger
- Manila Reviews
- Manila Fitness
- Manila Workshops
- Watch the Facebook Live session here: http://www.facebook.com/freelanceblend/videos/1802572326629527
Ready to start your own blog now?
Join us on the second run of our highly anticipated event, WordPress Blogging Basics Workshop on August 20, Saturday. Register here: http://manilaworkshops.com/events/wpbb2
Are You Ready to Become a Freelancer?
If you are really serious about becoming a freelancer, you should first start with the tools of the trade.
I will make your life easier by handing you more than 30 of the latest and greatest applications, software and websites that I, and even some of the most amazing freelancers, use on a day-to-day basis to become a more productive freedom entrepreneur.